Understanding Vastu Shastra and Its Importance
Vastu Shastra is an ancient Indian science that provides guidelines for designing and constructing buildings that promote positivity and harmony in the lives of its inhabitants.
The principles of Vastu Shastra emphasize the importance of proper placement and orientation of various elements within a structure, including the sewage/Septic tank.
By following Vastu guidelines for septic tank placement, one can ensure that the energy flow within the home remains positive, leading to a more peaceful and harmonious living environment.
Importance of Proper Placement of Septic Tank
The proper placement of the sewage tank is crucial for maintaining a healthy and hygienic living environment. An incorrectly placed septic tank can cause health hazards and negative energy flow, leading to financial and emotional distress for the occupants of the home.
Following Vastu guidelines for domestic wastewater tank placement can help avoid these problems and ensure a positive and harmonious living environment.
Guidelines for Vastu-Compliant Septic Tank Placement
- Direction: The sewage should be placed in the northwest or southeast direction of the house. This ensures that the negative energy from the septic tank flows away from the home, promoting positivity and harmony within the living environment.
- Distance: The tank should be placed at least 15 feet away from the house. This helps avoid any unpleasant odors or health hazards associated with a domestic waste tank.
- Slope: The sewage tank should be sloped towards the northeast direction to ensure that the waste material flows away from the home. This also helps in proper disposal and prevents any accumulation of waste material in the tank.
- Material: The structure should be made of concrete or other durable materials. Avoid using plastic or other materials that can corrode easily and cause leaks, leading to health hazards and negative energy flow.
- Cover: It should be covered with a concrete lid or other durable material to prevent any insects, rodents, or other unwanted elements from entering the tank. This also helps in avoiding any unpleasant odors and maintaining a healthy and hygienic living environment.
Importance of Sewage Tank in Vastu Shastra
Septic systems are crucial components of any household. They are designed to collect, store, and treat wastewater before releasing it into the ground. According to Vastu Shastra, the placement and direction of the septic tank can impact the energy flow in the building. Therefore, it is essential to consider Vastu Shastra principles when designing the septic tank to ensure a healthy and prosperous living environment.
Best Direction for Septic Tank
According to Vastu, the best directions for placing a wastewater tank are the north-west and south-east directions. Placing it in the north-west direction is believed to provide stability and strength to the building while placing it in the south-east direction can help with the proper disposal of waste materials. It is important to ensure that the tank is at least 15 feet away from a well, borewell, or underground water source, and is not located under a staircase, temple, or other religious structure. Following these guidelines can help ensure that the septic tank functions properly and does not pose any health risks.
Location of Sewage Tank
The location of the septic tank is also crucial. It should be placed at a reasonable distance from the main entrance of the house, the water source, and the boundary wall. The tank should not be placed near the kitchen, bedroom, or prayer room as it can lead to health problems and financial losses. It is also essential to ensure that the tank is not located under a tree or near any other tall structure.
Design and Construction of Sewage-Disposal tank
The design and construction of the septic system should be done as per the Vastu Shastra principles. The septic tank should be rectangular or square in shape, and the walls should be at a 90-degree angle. The inlet and outlet of the septic system should be on the north or east side. It should also be built at a level lower than the house, and the ground level around the septic tank should slope away from the house.
Tips for Maintaining Sewage Disposal Tank
Maintaining the septic tank is essential to ensure a healthy and prosperous living environment. Here are some tips for maintaining the septic system:
- Do not dispose of solid waste.
- Do not pour chemicals or oils.
- Regularly check and clean.
- Do not park heavy vehicles or machinery.
- Do not plant trees or shrubs near the tank.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Can a catchbasin be placed in the southwest direction?
A1. No, according to Vastu Shastra, the sewage-disposal tank should not be placed in the southwest direction as it can lead to financial losses and health problems.
Q2. Can a sewage-disposal tank be located near a tree or tall structure?
A2. No, it is not advisable to locate the septic system near a tree or any other tall structure as the roots of the tree can damage the septic tank, and can also obstruct the energy flow in the building.
Q3. What should be the shape of the septic tank?
A3. According to Vastu, the shape of the tank should be square or rectangular. This is because square and rectangular shapes are believed to be stable and provide a solid foundation.
Additionally, these shapes are said to create positive energy flow, which can help with the proper functioning of the septic tank. Avoid irregular or circular shapes as they are considered to be unstable and can lead to problems with the septic tank.
Q4. Can Vastu principles be applied to existing catch basins?
A4. Yes, Vastu principles can be applied to existing catchbasin as well. If the septic system is not constructed or placed properly, it can be relocated or renovated to ensure that it functions properly and does not pose any health risks.
2 thoughts on “Vastu for Septic Tank”
I have a septic tank in southwest in basement. On ground floor I have a bathroom in southwest corner. What corrections can be applied. I can’t shift the tank or the bathroom.
MY HOUSE EAST FACING MY SEPTIC TANK IS CENTER OF THE HOUSE SOUTH SIDE ANY PROBLEM
Comments are closed.