Vastu Tips For Pooja Room
Get close to God and declare your eternal love for him by creating a haven of serenity, love and tranquility in your house. Beautiful Pujaghars created according to vastu can help the deity’s shine their guiding light on every area of our being and help us live a happy, positive and prosperous life. The best corner for a pooja room in a house is North-east. Apart from this, you can also opt for directions such as North and East for constructing a holy place.
|Objects Inside A Pooja Room||Best Direction||Advice|
|Lamp stand or up-lighter||South-East corner||A lamp according to vastu for pooja room should always be right in front of the Idols.|
|Aimirah or show-case||Southern or Western Wall||Should be lower than the idols|
|Idols||East or West|
|Doors and windows||North or East|
|Homekund or Agnikund||South-East direction||The offerings to the fire must always be made with the person’s face towards east.|
|Mezzanine protruding out of the worship room||West or South||–|
|Water body||North or East||–|
|Puja Samigri||South East||–|
Color Scheme And Floors For A Pooja Room:
Colors For The Walls
- Light yellow,
- Light blue or
- Light yellow
The floor must be made of off white or white marble.
Worshipping The Dieties
- The members of the house should face east or north while worshipping.
- The idol’s legs must be at the chest level of the worshipper when he or she prays.
- People must never draw triangular patterns of Gods in the Pujaghar.
- Uninterrupted chanting of the gods is very auspicious; it can be done by playing a cassette inside the pooja room.
- One must never enter a pooja room without taking bath.
Things To Avoid According To Vastu For Pooja Room
- Pujaghar must never be in the bedroom.
- A Puja room must never be in the southern direction.
- There should be no toilet above, below or adjacent to the worship room.
- The Idols brought in the despoiled form from temples must never be kept in the pooja room.
- No idol in the pujagjar must be in a desecrated form.
- No heavy articles should be hoarded in the pooja room.
- Valuable items such as jewelry or money must never be kept hidden inside the worship room.
- The worship room must not be made above gas stoves or electrical appliances.
- As also mentioned in Vastu for garden, Tulsi (Basil Plant) must be planted in the house.