What is a Nadi?
Nadi (An astrological term) is one of the 8 gunas that are used to calculate marriage compatibility between two people. In Vedic Astrology, there are total 36 points out of which Nadi has maximum points i.e. 8. Now if there is any conflict between the Nadi of two persons; then they have to suffer from Nadi dosh.
The eight Gunas are varna, vasya, tara, vagina, planetary friendship, gana, bhakuta, and Nadi.
When a child is born, the family or local astrologer draws the natal chart for the child and this chart is always looked into when a problem occurs in the child’s life. The time and day that the child is born determines the star sign of the child.
3 Types of Nadi
- Adi or first nadi
- Madhya or middle nadi
- Antar of last nadi
Each person’s birth chart shows the presence of the moon in a particular constellation(Nakshatra) of that person’s pulse. Out of the total 27 Nakshatras, nine special constellations have one of the Nadi of the native due to the presence of the Moon. So, Every 3 nadis have 9 Nakshatra.
Explaining All 3 Nadi Nakshatra
- Aadi Or Vata: Ashwini, Aadra, Punarvasu, Uttara Phalguni, Hansa, Jyestha, Moola, Shatabisha, Purva Bhadrapada
- Madhya or Pitta: Bharini, Mrigshira, Pushyami, Purva Phalguni, Chitra, Anuradha, Poorvaashadha, Dhanishtha, Uttar Bhadrapada
- Antya or Kapha: Kritika, Rohini, Ashlesha, Magha, Swati, Vishakha, Uttaraasadha, Shravni, Revati
To know your Nadi, You need to check the position of MOON in your Horoscope (Birth chart). Check the position of moon & check the Nakshatra, Moon is present into. In Any Janma Kundli (Horoscope) Moon will be present in any of the 27 Nakshatra. For Example, If your Moon is present in Moola Nakshatra, your Nadi will be Aadi, If Moon is present, in Rohini, Your Nadi will be Antya, & so on..
What Is Nadi Dosh?
During Matchmaking, If Boy & Girl both have the same Nadi (i.e Aadi, Madhya or Antya) Nadi dosh occurs.
If Nadi Dosh reflects during marriage matchmaking, most of the astrologers will declare straight “NO” to that wedding because the next era will likely be weaker or there will be possibilities of not getting the kids at all. However, in accordance with some other astrologers, the Nadi Dosh isn’t that vital regarding check whether the couple will have strong kids also depends upon other components like position within the fifth home and so on.
For marriage purposes, it is believed that each of the partners should be born in different nadis. If they are born in the same nadis, the couple is believed to require Nadi dosh nivaran to remove all the obstacles in their marriage.
The problem with both partners having the same nadis is that their temperaments will be very similar. This is a problem when both are quick to get angry or are lazy, unreliable, liars, etc. Just like poles, they tend to repel rather than from a cohesive and loving unit as a married couple. These nadis are also important in Ayurveda. The nadis also signify the vata, pitta and kapha elements which give clues to the natural tendencies inherent in the couple. If they are similar, the couple may end up arguing or not talking to each other. However, if the couple fell in love and their love compatibility is excellent or were friends before the wedding, such a union will be allowed without the requirement of matching horoscopes. It is then believed to be a divine union that may not require a nadi dosh nivaran ritual. Do remember it ONLY applies to rare true love, otherwise love bonds can fail & emotions can disappear very soon after marriage & Nodi Dosha starts showing its effects.
There are a few circumstances when the couple can get married even though they are born in the same nadis. One such situation is when they both have different Nakshatra or stars. Or at times, the nakshatra is the same but the rashis are different. Also when the rashis, as well as nakshatras, are the same but the pada or the nakshatra is different. If the couple requires nadi dosh nivaran, the Mahamrityunjaya mantra may be recited at the required times.Nadi Myths: There are many myths to cancel Nadi Dosha, like: donate to the Vedic priest some grains, cloth, Gold, a cow etc… These are just myths or purposely advertised to earn money or some valuable things by creating fear.
Cancellation of Nadi Dosh
- Look at 5th House: If the 5th House (House of children) of both the boy & girl is strong & does not reflect any issue, it confirms both of them can have healthy children.
- Look at Ascendant: If the ascendant is strong & doesn’t reflect 6,8, 12 house badly, it confirms the person (Boy & Girl) will have a good life)
- Look at health in Kundli (Horoscope): If both of the Kundli do not reflect any serious disease.
There are thousands of cases where a married couple with Nadi Dosha living happily with good children.
You must consult a genuine & knowledgeable astrologer for Nadi Dosh analysis.
Nadi Dosh Exceptions
There are few exceptions in Nadi Dosh that can be considered if the rest of the things are matching Following are the exceptions:
- If the Nakshatra of male and female are the same and are of same Rashi and if the birth charan of the female is not before the birth charan of male then it is a Nadi dosh exception.
- If the male and female horoscopes have the same Nakshatra but different Rashi but the birth charan and the birth Rashi of the female should not be before the male then it is considered as Nadi dosh exception.
- If the male and female are born in the same Rashi but different Nakshatra and the Nakshatra of the female is not before the male then also it is a Nadi Dosh exception.
- If the male and female have the same Nadi but if the Rashi lord is Jupiter, Venus or Mercury then also it is a Nadi dosh exception.
Nadi Dosha Remedies (Nivaran)
- Chanting of Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra is the easiest remedy. Maha Mrityunjaya Japa, but this should be done seriously. many pandits just take the money and don’t do this.
- Presenting swarna-nadi, grains, cloth, and cow to a brahmin is also a method of remedy for Nadi dosh.
- Female having a nadi dosh is also married to Vishnu before the actual marriage and is considered as a nadi dosha exception and remedies.
Hence, it is very important to check astrology for any horoscope matching before marriage. You are advised to consult a genuine astrologer for Nadi dosha exceptions and remedies.